www.wine-girl.net
    Home   |   Archives   |   Calendar   |   Wine & Food Pairing   |   Wine Trails
Jun 12

Chateau Thomas Offers Slender, a Sugar Free Wine

Welcome!  You can also view our more recent post where we try a large number of wines – including Slender – at the Chateau Thomas tasting room in Nashville, Indiana.

I have to admit I'm curious about this.

Chateau Thomas is right up the road, really, with a tasting room in Nashville, IN (outside of Columbus, IN) and the winery in Plainfield, IN, close to the Indianapolis Airport. I've visited the Nashville tasting room, but it's been a few years. I remember preferring their wines to another tasting room I visited in Nashville, but that's as specific as I can get.

Chateauthomas

I can say that my experiences with Indiana wines are as hit and miss as my experiences with Kentucky wines. Some are great; some are (insert fruit of your choice here) fruit juice. So my curiosity is piqued with the announcement of Slender, a new sugar-free wine from Chateau Thomas.

Slender comes in White, Blush, and Red and claims to have no sugar, no carbs, no fats, and no aftertaste. All three are blends and contain Splenda.  If anything, this wine offers a great alternative for people like my mother, who suffer from Type I/juvenile diabetes.

Slender retails for $9.99 and is available at the winery, tasting room, and at several Indiana Crown Liquor stores.

Update: In the comments, Dr. Thomas notes that they have discontinued the wine with Splenda. They now carry "the new Slender wine
which contains Erythritol, a no-calorie, zero glycemic, natural
sweetener which tastes just like dextrose and has no aftertaste.
Erythritol is the same sweetener used in Orbit gum." You can learn more on their web site. This new blend would also work nicely for my mom.

Share on FacebookEmail This
Copyright Creative Commons by-nc-nd My Wine Education.
Posted by Michelle at 12:49 pm in Local, Local Wineries, Wineries | Permalink | Comments (13)

13 Responses to “Chateau Thomas Offers Slender, a Sugar Free Wine”

1. Linda says:

Alcohol affects insulin metabolism – and not in a positive way. This is a classic case of marketing misdirection. It worries me that diabetics believe this.

2. 2 comments:
    1) Michelle states the Slender wine contains Splenda which is incorrect. We have discontinued this wine and are selling the new Slender wine which contains Erythritol, a no-calorie, zero glycemic, natural sweetener which tastes just like dextrose and has no aftertaste. Erythritol is the same sweetener used in Orbit gum. Complete info available on http://www.slenderwine.com Could you please correct your website??
    thanks, Dr. Thomas, winemaker
    2) Linda is completely off-base. Alcohol doesn’t affect insulin metabolism except that diabetics who comsume alcohol will experience a reduction in insulin needs because alcohol is not metabolized in the Carbohydrate, or Kreb Cycle which uses insulin. Please reeducate yourself, Linda, from real scientific sources.

3. Loretta Myers says:

Are you marketing the Slender Wine in Northwest Indiana? The blush is great. would like to try a few more flavors, types. NO after taste, light and smooth.

4. slender wine says:

Slender wine is probably going to be the next big thing. Lets just hope the hype catches up to everybody! As a diabetic, i will now be able to enjoy a glass of wine without having to worry about my levels.

5. Vicki says:

Can someone give the the caloric count on this wine?

6. Linda Pressley says:

Can Slender red be purchased anywhere in Fort Wayne, IN? I have just been introduced to the sweetener erythritol in the SoBe Life waters and it is fabulous!!! If I didn’t know better, I would think it was sugar.

7. Linda:
    I’m just a wine blogger and not affiliated with the winery, so I don’t know where – outside of the winery – you can purchase Slender. I recommend checking with the winery themselves. Their web site is http://chateauthomas.com/.
    Cheers, and thanks for reading!

8. Evelyn says:

Where can I find Slender wine in Austin Texas?

9. Cathy says:

I am a weight watcher and love this wine! I need the nutritional info..not the calorie count. Any info?

10. susan says:

where can i buy the slender wines….I live in England

11. Esther McCarty says:

What grocery stores have it in Florida?

Thank you. Esther

12. cyd shaw says:

where in fort worth tx can you purchase this wine?

13. Ben says:

What grocery stores have it in Florida?

I live in Jacksonville, Fl

Contributing Authors

Wine-Girl.net Rating Scale

Recent Posts

Categories

Wine Competitions Wine Book Club (WBC) Wine Judging Reviews Readings Whiskey Watch France Weblogs Games Wine Clubs Books RIP Repost WBW #65 Wine Glossary Wine Maps TasteCamp Web/Tech Marketing Uncategorized Legislation Recipes Florida Recession Wine Meet the Winemaker Greatest Hits Holiday Drink Pink! (BCRF) Television Current Affairs Wine Shop Wednesday Photos Spirits Contests Scotch & Whiskey History Disney Wine Tech Food and Wine Pairings Mad Men Monday Guest Writers Pop Culture Food and Drink Wine Blogs Knowledge Entertainment Dinner and Drinks Life Charity Benefits News Beer-Guy.net Beer Special Events WBW Local Wineries Cocktails Wine Shops Restaurants Travel Wine Notes Wineries Wine Events Weekly Cincinnati Wine Events Wine Misc Local Tastings Cincinnati

Links That Make Us Happy

Sponsors

sponsors

WineGirl on Facebook

Krystal Pepper Memorial Scholarship Fund

Raising money for a scholarship fund in memory of Michelle's little sister who passed away in 2007Click here for information on the Krystal Pepper Memorial Scholarship Fund.

Winner, Best Cincinnati Weblog 2007

Alltop, all the cool kids (and me)

Ads from our kind sponsors …