I'm not really the New Year's resolution type. Rather, I make them every year and every year I forget about them shortly thereafter. But I thought I'd give it another shot this year:
1. Get fit. I don't want to say "lose weight" but I do want to get healthy. In that spirit, I'm returning to my Autumn '08 strategy of giving up beer and dessert so that I can keep wine.
2. Get my side business actually working. There's a little ad over in the column. That way —>.
It mentions home tastings. I've never really announced it here on the blog, but I do offer this service and it's a heck of a lot of fun. I'd love to do it more often.
3. Figure out my day job. Since working with technology and wine does not seem to be an option for me here in Cincinnati, I need to figure out what to do with myself. Do I want a "real" job or continue as a freelance social media consultant? Is there even a "real" job out there in social media?
4. Figure out if any of the local print rags might want a freelance wine columnist. Anyone with tips on how to do that, please let me know!
5. This is the big one. I'm going to order the study guide, study for, and take the test for my Certified Wine Educator's certificate. Its not much, but since any test gives me a panic attack (no joke), it's a big deal for me.
Do you have any food and wine related resolutions? Restaurants you have to try? Foods you want to discover?
Let us know in the comments
Wine Competitions Wine Judging Weblogs Wine Book Club (WBC) Readings Whiskey Watch Wine Clubs Games Books RIP Repost Wine Maps Wine Glossary WBW #65 Web/Tech TasteCamp Marketing Uncategorized Legislation Florida Recipes Recession Wine Meet the Winemaker Holiday Greatest Hits Drink Pink! (BCRF) Television Photos Current Affairs Spirits Wine Shop Wednesday Contests Scotch & Whiskey History Disney Mad Men Monday Wine Tech Food and Wine Pairings Guest Writers Pop Culture Food and Drink Wine Blogs Knowledge Entertainment Dinner and Drinks Life Charity Benefits News Cocktails Beer-Guy.net Beer Special Events WBW Local Wineries Wine Shops Restaurants Travel Wine Notes Wineries Wine Events Weekly Cincinnati Wine Events Wine Misc Local Tastings Cincinnati